Significant historical artisanal mining activity with grades ranging between 5 and 58 g/t Au along >13km of linear structures that represent less than 10% of potential structures delineated by airborne magnetic anomalies. Milling and recovery on site.
- Digital terrain model (DTM) and high resolution orthophoto identified numerous previously unrecorded areas of artisanal mining
- Mineralized rock from artisanal pits consists predominantly of quartz vein and sheared meta- volcanic host with abundant evidence of sulphide
- LIDAR interpretation, soil geochemistry, airborne magnetics and historical drilling define numerous target areas
- Historical and current artisanal mining along a combined strike in excess of 13km along northwest (Bulyanhulu parallel), northeast and east-west trending structures
- Mining to depths in places in excess of 50m and reportedly as deep as 90m
- Milling and recovery on site