- Simon Benstead is an entrepreneur and investor with twenty five years of capital markets and senior management experience across a broad spectrum of industries.
- Formerly with Merrill Lynch as Vice President with the Institutional Equity Trading group, and BMO Capital Markets as Managing Director Institutional Equity Trading focused on resources.
- As the largest individual shareholder and CFO of Tembo Gold, Mr. Benstead played a pivotal role in strategically driving growth and shareholder value including a strategic partnership with Barrick Gold.
- He is a Canadian and U.K. national and holds a BA in Commerce from The University of Western Ontario
- Mr. Cernovitch studied Economics at McGill University. Marc has focused on corporate development, funding and building companies primarily in the resource and energy technology fields. He has a strong background in corporate governance and finance. For the past 14 years, Mr. Cernovitch has been providing capital markets advisory services to companies across both public & private sectors. In this capacity, Mr. Cernovitch has served as a director and advisor to numerous small and mid-cap companies contemplating and/or executing financing and M&A transactions.
With 30 years of mining experience including mine management, contract mining, feasibility studies, and project management, Seth is a welcome addition to the LVG team. Seth was the Project Manager for the construction of South Walker Creek Mine which was in production within 100 days of commencement. Project Manager for Broadlea Mine including exploration, design, construction and finally operations all within budget and schedule. Seth was a significant shareholder in the Broadlea Mine. He holds a First Class Mine Managers ticket covering both open pit and underground mines. Seth holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) and Graduate Diploma of Business Administration from the University of Queensland.
- Former Technical Services Manager for Barrick Gold’s subsidiary Kahama Mining Corporation at Bulyanhulu Mine, Tembo Project’s immediate neighbour and Executive Director of Tanzania focussed and London listed Shanta Gold Limited
- Over 40 years of African exploration and mining experience with 22 years in Tanzania
- Extensive knowledge of Tanzanian geology including direct experience at Bulyanhulu
- Holds a BSc, Geology from the University of the Witwatersrand and an M.Sc. from Stellenbosch University, and is a registered Professional Natural Scientist (Pr. Sci. Nat.) and Fellow of the Geological Society of South Africa
Hendrik is an exploration and mining geologist with 32 years of experience across the African continent and Australia Pacific. His multi-commodity experience, and, in greenstone and shear-zone hosted gold deposits provides him with a strong knowledge base for greenstone gold exploration. Hendrik was formally the Exploration Manager for Ivanhoe Mines Exploration in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (“DRC”) and was Chief Geologist for Endeavour Mining in Cote D’Ivoire, Project Lead for Barrick Exploration at Lumwana Copper Mine in Zambia, the largest drilling program in the world 2011-2013, and Chief Geologist for Ivanhoe Mines at Kipushi Copper and Zinc Mine in the DRC. He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Port Elizabeth in Geology and an Honours Degree from the University of the Orange Free State, and an M.SC Engineering from the University of the Witwatersrand; is registered with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions, is a member of the Geological Society of South Africa, a member of the Australian Institute of Geoscientists, and a member of the Society of Economic Geologists.
- Currently serves as Chief Executive Officer of Peter Beck Performance Fonds GbR, and advisory board of Concept Capital Management, an Asset Management Company.
- Completed his degree in Master of Business Administration (FH) with a focus on Financial Management, Banking and International Business & Management from the University of Nürtingen, Germany.
- A founding shareholder with strong local community and government relationships and a skilled administrator.